Monday, May 26, 2008

Falling in love

May Jesus ‘love be always with you!

Yesterday late afternoon, I went to my best friend’s house for dinner with her family and her boyfriend. My girlfriend and her boyfriend were so loving and caring for each other as if they were in their own world. As I sat down in the sofa and stretched my arms way out, I felt so good to sit there and watched them. My friend is definitely in love because I saw her eyes sparkling and his eyes saw nothing but her presence. When was the last time you fell in love? I thought of Father Arrupe’s writings where he speaks about “Falling in Love with God”. My friends don’t fall in love with God but I think they recognize God’s presence in each other. I certain that these powerful words describe their relationship…
"Nothing is more practical than finding God,That is, than falling in lovein a quite absolute, final way.What you are in love with,what seizes your imagination,will affect everything.It will decide what will get youout of bed in the morning,what you will do with your evenings,how you will spend your weekendswhat you read, who you know,what breaks your heart,and what amazes youwith joy and gratitude.Fall in love, stay in love,And it will decide everything."
My friends, two lovebirds, they really are in love, stay in love, and it decides everything. I thought about my love, Jesus...
In my silent heart
I still hear your song
singing in my soul
Keep my eyes shut
I long for your lead and wait on you
for our next dance
’Cause only with you, I’m whole again.
How sweet Jesus is and how thankful I am for Him. He listens, He heals, and He shows me the way. I must fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything. As a Pauline in spirit, I also pray that St Paul will teach me how to love like he did to the Corinthians. Beautiful and I want more, don't you?
Take care and until next time…

No comments: